Two-street Taiping town

Sunday, February 20, 2011


For those who follow closely on my programme ‘Destinasi Bajet’, chances are you’ll remember my trip to the historical town of Taiping. Here’s a summary (together with pictures) on my activities and trip around the two-street town.


Since I explored the town by foot except for certain attractions such as Bukit Larut, Taiping Lake Gardens and Taiping Zoo, I had a chance to check out the various old architectures from the stucco facades with striking wooden shutters to modern buildings.

And of course my trip to Taiping is not complete without spending some time to visit the zoo. Night Safari, the first unique tourism product in Malaysia enables you to enjoy the treasures of the nature as the splendour is enhanced by the moonlight. Plan your trip ahead because Taiping Zoo and Night Safari are usually packed during the weekends from out of town day-trippers.


Before I leave this historical town, I dropped by the beautiful and captivating Lake Gardens. Surrounded by flower beds and trees, the park is a great destination for nature enthusiasts. What are you waiting for? Start packing your luggage and get down to Taiping with your family and friend. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment